At Camp Echo Lake, we are “Dedicated to Human Development.” In everything we do we believe that the summer camp experience and community should be a place where the lives of our campers and staff are transformed, where meaningful social and emotional growth for all is the standard and where everyone in our community is valued and celebrated for the person they are. Both individual development, and group and community connection, is valued and fostered. A community that values equity and inclusion, Camp Echo Lake believes that a positively impactful summer camp experience can change individuals and communities– both in and out of camp – for good.
The Echo Lake staff is the most essential piece in creating opportunities for everyone at camp to grow, connect, and have fun. We understand the importance, and work diligently to ensure, the Echo Lake staff are supported, cared for, and given the resources to excel in their roles and allow our community to thrive. Nothing great happens without great effort and great passion – and Camp Echo Lake is no different. We love what we do – and we want you to love it too!
What you can expect from us …
- Ongoing opportunities to develop your leadership skills, sharpen your interpersonal skills and improve your group management skills
- Being a valued member of a community while working with like-minded individuals from all over the United States and around the world
- Real-time coaching from, access to – and dialogue with – camp leadership staff. Our Leadership Team is in it with you and there to help you be your best.
- Ongoing formal and informal training, feedback, and connection virtually, in pre-camp orientation, and throughout the summer
- Competitive summer camp salary, paid time off, comfortable place to live, a daily variety of nutritious food, on-site laundry, and on-site 24/7 healthcare
- Transportation for days and nights off camp, robust on-camp staff recreation opportunities, and access to the incredible Adirondack mountains and surrounding towns
- Support and networking beyond your summers at camp, including references, resume building, career counseling, staff alumni networking
What we expect from our staff …
- Positive attitude and the desire to grow
- Openness to, and understanding of, others perspective and experience
- Connection with campers – helping them feel seen, heard, and valued
- Ability to work as a team, collaborate with others, and know that we are stronger together
- Strong work ethic and a desire to learn and grow
- Excellent communication skills – both expressing yourself well to others and absorbing what others express to you
- Flexibility and adaptability when things invariably do not go as planned
- Staying solution focused and a “how can we make this work” approach
- Commitment to positively role model for children
- Desire to make things fun and to look for the good in every experience
- Excitement to live and work in a community that, at its core, is Dedicated to Human Development
WHO ARE OUR STAFF?
- Over 250 staff members hired each summer to work with our male and female campers, ages 7-16.
- Comprised of college and graduate school students, teachers and other childcare and athletic professionals.
- We typically have an even mixture of returnees from the previous summer and new staff members.
- All staff members must have completed at least one year of college (or be the equivalent age).
- Potential staff members must complete an in-depth, personal application, go through the interview process and provide us with three quality references to be considered for a position at Camp Echo Lake.
- Depending on the position, all staff members must participate in a 7-14 day orientation prior to the arrival of the campers.